Tuesday, May 19, 2015

If strobe light this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Y


If strobe light this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before strobe light you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Well I had one in the garage strobe light unused, parts still in plastic bag inside an RCBS die box with the die body. Parts for sm/lg primer pockets. I thought all this hand twisting with the Lyman tool is over, the solution has been under my nose all along. OK, I had to remove the auto index rod/assy from the Lee Cast Turret press to get the Cup to fit, one screw easy peasy. Problem I'm having is the brass is sticking in the Nub as the instructions say it will. I have adjusted it and readjusted it per instructions. It says to tap ram handle to free the stuck brass with the protruding Nub in the primer pocket. Seems it don't work so well fer me so far. I'm trying to swage some .223 PMC cases that no way no how will take a new primer without a tool being twisted around in their primer pockets like the Lyman hand tool I have been using, a swager, not just just a pocket cleaner tool. So maybe it is just the press I'm using? The shell holder thingy snapped right in. Oddly you place the Cup facing downward over the shell holder/Nub. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I should just try in on military brass because it said it will remove the crimp, but not completely swage the whole primer pocket????? It is this one. Dang, it must be the turret press, no rib to bump the Cup up against the press frame to loosen the brass. So I need a single stage press to use it? I have a couple different Lee ones like the guy used in the below video. I reckon I'll did it out and see. Right now the time I'm spending to remove the brass from the Nub is taking taking strobe light longer than the hand tool. Damn, thought I had it beat and it's beating me down! BTW: The few I have struggled with to remove have all accepted new primers easily just like I had hand-tooled them. Out to the garage I go again, I reckon. I inherited this tool and much more for reloading from my late brother is why it seems I keep finding stuff I haven't used before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJVy4NnfRE http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/235...ProductFinding
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
I got one from Big Al a couple strobe light years ago. I'm also using the turret press, strobe light and the cases stick. I quit using it as I had enough brass made up. You may try rubbing some lube on your nub, and see if that cures what ails ya.
I got one from Big Al a couple years ago. I'm also using the turret press, and the cases stick. I quit using it as I had enough brass made up. You may try rubbing some lube on your nub, and see if that cures what ails ya. Why thanks fer the fatherly advice, I think I was thunking strobe light that and/or maybe wedging a piece of wood or something to make my own rib or digging out a Challenger strobe light single stage press................... strobe light Nice to know I'm not the only one to get his Nub stuck..................
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
I got an old Lee single stage press outta the garage. It allows the cup to bottom out on the frame when the ram is lowered and does the trick to unsticking the nub from the primer pockets with a a few taps using the arm. It works as advertised IF you use it on a press that offers adequate resistance to the Cup on the down-stroke. I came up with some ingenious or maybe not so bright idys to keep using the Lee Cast turret, but decided I didn't strobe light want to damage the ram. An ignition type wrench and prying strobe light up the brass, bent needle nose pliers strobe light and a few others.....well strobe light lets just say it was worth the effort to dig around the garage to get to the press I was looking fer One thing I like is unlike hand held swage primer pocket tools, there ain't little bits of brass everywhere only a couple very small ones on some because it doesn't cut/scrape strobe light it forces the pockets open more so they will accept new primers more easily.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
Working like a champ now and SO much easier than a hand jobby. Dang, why didn't I thunk of it it earlier..........cause I usually do stuff the hard way until necessity forces me to find a better way, I reckon. Like a building strobe light I went to years ago and climbed the stairs and I said dang those stairs will wear you out be

No comments:

Post a Comment