Saturday, May 16, 2015

Joined: May 8, 2012 Messages: 11,869 Location: florida


I just noticed that the RCBS press kits are sporting Nosler manuals instead of the usual Speer manual. I'm a huge fan of Nosler and haven't used a hunting load with anything else for years, but for the typically beginner that these kits target wouldn't Speer bullets phone for used spying be more affordable and available? As far as I can tell Nosler wasn't phone for used spying bought up by ATK so I find this switch rather odd. Does anyone have any insights?
I haven't heard anything in any of the rags or online sources but I'd suspect that Speer bullets will be disappearing soon and/or a Nosler deal is in the works. Ever since ATK bought em up, there have been some really silly decisions made in the manufacturing/marketing area at Speer. Some bullet lines discontinued and brought back a while later. Some common ones discontinued altogether, etc... And quite honestly, the quality of Speer bullets in the last 10 years or so has really dropped of. I've seen a lot of larger weight and diameter phone for used spying deviations than what used to be acceptable. some of my favorite phone for used spying loads that used Speer just don't work as good as in the past. I can't say for sure that the bullets are the piece to blame but it sure seems like it. I think I've only got 3 boxes of Speer bullets left on the shelf in the reloading room. Aren't worth buying anymore phone for used spying for my rifles. Now...if they discontinued the pistol Gold Dots (components or loaded ammo) then I'm really gonna be ticked off. I hope I'm wrong!
#4
Gosh, let's whip everyone up in a panic; so what that RCBS has decided to package a different book with their gear; decisions like this- which manual phone for used spying to pack- often amount to nothing more than a political or cost based decision; nothing more and nothing less. Heck, it might be that they save nothing more than a dollar, or even a few cents, by switching manuals; most of the time its purely a cost savings effort on their part; reality is that most newbies buying a kit are looking for a book to start out with & end up with several phone for used spying rather quickly anyways- if they stay around. phone for used spying From the sounds of those that posted previously in this thread, it sounds like that you can only use nosler bullets with nosler manuals, and speer bullets phone for used spying with speer manuals... hmmm...
Click to expand... You do realize that Speer and RCBS are both owned by ATK? It's a bit like saying "so what" over Ford announcing that all parts and service for their vehicles phone for used spying will now be handled by Chevy dealerships.
You do realize that Speer and RCBS are both owned by ATK? It's a bit like saying "so what" over Ford announcing that all parts and service for their vehicles will now be handled by Chevy dealerships. phone for used spying
Click to expand... Yup.. now that you've basically said we were all dorks for discussing it, it comes out you didn't do ANY of your homework. For the reasons stated.. we wondered why rcbs would provide a manual they didn't own. And what that might possibly mean for the speer line. I don't know what your relaoding skills are or aren't. but if I have a speer projectile in hand to load, i'll look in the SPEER manual to find the info. If i have a nosler projectile, I'll look in the NOSLER manual. if I have some generic projectile, I'll weigh and measure it and then look at it's profile, phone for used spying then look at ALL my manuals and see which one best fits and use that data. Thanks for putting us all down, before you knew what you were talking about. phone for used spying
Joined: May 8, 2012 Messages: 11,869 Location: florida
Really? My rock chucker has to be near that vintage and came with a speer manual, though I do have sierra manuals. Was it a rock chucker, supreme, or a partner, or other style press? And press only or a kit? Thanks phone for used spying
soundguy said: ↑
Really? My rock chucker has to be near that vintage phone for used spying and came with a speer manual, though I do have sierra manuals. Was it a rock chucker, supreme, or a partner, or other style press? And press only or a kit? Thanks
Click to expand... It was a Rock Chucker Supreme through Cabelas. I think you are correct, I think it did come with the Speer. But I think I bought the Sierra manual at the same time so I'd have one.
Similar Threads Forum Title Date The Ammo & Reloading Forum RCBS X-2 Dies - Opinions? Feb 3, 2015 The Ammo & Reloading Forum New RCBS Progressive Loaders Jan 23, 2015 The Ammo & Reloading Forum RCBS Case Kicker Dec 26, 2014 The Ammo & Reloading Forum Lee or RCBS? Nov 8, 2014 The Ammo & Reloading Forum what all fits an rcbs # 13 shell holder? Oct 25, 2014
Safariland Sig Belt Slide Holster...
Search
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo phone for used spying Ltd. | Style by pixelExit.com | OutdoorHub network site

No comments:

Post a Comment